Many more exiting features in new Focus Responsive Version by WallBB. Download Today.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the To
HOUSTON -- On a day when he had everything going, the only thing that frustrated Minnesota pitcher Kyle Gibson was he had to leave the game. Jordan 11 Cheap Real . The Twins right-hander was dominant in a 3-1 win against the Houston Astros, allowing six hits and one run in 7 2/3 innings on Wednesday. Gibson, who struck out four and walked two, took a shutout into the eighth before Chris Carter drove home Jose Altuve with s single. "Its never too frustrating when you win a game but I definitely wanted it thats for sure," Gibson said. "That last inning I knew every pitch was important to keep the pitch count down and be able to go back out there for the ninth. "That infield single that just didnt get hit hard enough and a bloop that just didnt get hit hard enough cost me the opportunity." Gibson (11-9) was well under 100 pitches going into the inning and nursing a 3-0 lead thanks to a sixth inning home run by Joe Mauer and a two-run RBI single in the seventh by Kennys Vargas. "I was sitting right there with him," said Twins manager Ron Gardenhire. "I said If he gets through the eighth inning under 100 pitches we let him go back out there and take a shot at it. Hes earned that. Unfortunately they got a run on him and we had to get him out of there. I was thinking right along with him. I thought he was in control of the game." Mauer gave Gibson some cushion when he hit a 2-2 pitch into the right field bullpen in the sixth inning to break up a scoreless tie. Mauer, who extended his hitting streak to 15 games with a first inning single, drove the Brett Oberholtzer (4-8) pitch on a line to give the Twins a 1-0 lead. "Id like to have that back," Oberholtzer said of the pitch Mauer hit out. "Hindsights 20-20 but its a two-two count and I challenge there with nobody on to start the inning and he made me pay for it." Glen Perkins pitched a perfect ninth inning to earn his 30th save of the season. Oberholtzer pitched well over seven innings. The left-hander allowed six hits and struck out four. "Oberholtzer threw the ball well, "Astros manager Bo Porter said. "He did a tremendous job, and offensively we didnt swing the bats. So he ends up being the tough luck loser." TRAINERS ROOM Astros: First baseman Jesus Guzman will begin a rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Oklahoma City. Guzman was placed on the 15-day disabled list August 3rd with back spasms. Twins: Ricky Nolasco is on schedule to make his first start since going on the disabled list July 8th after a second successful rehab outing August 10th. Gardenhire said after the game that right-hander Anthony Swarzak sprained his ankle on the last pitch of Tuesday 10-4 Astros win. The manager said the pitcher is day-to-day. UP NEXT Astros: Scott Feldman will look to extend his August win streak to three against Boston Thursday against Red Sox right-hander Allen Webster. Twins: After two rehab starts, Nolasco is scheduled to come off the disabled list Friday to face Kansas City and will be looking for his third win against the Royals in 2014. MAUER AND OBERHOLTZER CONTINUE STREAKS Mauers hitting streak is one shy of his career high of 16. Oberholtzers streak of quality starts is four. FOWLER RETURNS TO LINEUP Dexter Fowler was back in the Astros lineup for the first time since June 26th and went 1-for-4 with a walk and a single. The club optioned Domingo Santana to Triple-A to make room for his return. Jordan 11 Cheap Online . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Wholesale Air Jordan 11 . -- Omar Infante walked past the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, where he dressed so many times as a member of the Detroit Tigers, and slipped on a crisp, new Kansas City Royals jersey. http://www.airjordan11outlet.com/ . Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night.BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - David Ferrer of Spain has won his third straight Copa Claro title, defeating Fabio Fognini 6-4, 6-3 Sunday on outdoor clay in the Argentine capital. It was the 21st ATP singles title for the top--seeded Ferrer. Air Jordan 11 Nike Outlet. Second-seeded Fognini was playing his fifth consecutive clay-court final since the French Open. The Italian won the final a week ago in Chile for his third tour singles title. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '